Looking to grow your beard to match one of your friends? We hear you; the beard trend is strong, and guys from all over want to grow the beard of their dreams. Though it is certainly not impossible, there’s also not a magic potion that you can drink and grow a beard overnight. However, fear not, because we’ll be telling you everything you need to know about how to grow a beard faster.
Let’s be clear from the start and be aware that if it’s not in the stars for you, it simply won’t happen. In other words, if it’s not in the genes, a beard will not happen for you. Just as your DNA determines your hair color, the same principle is applied to your facial hair growing propensities and patterns. So if you are at a certain age, and you still haven’t seen much hair on your chin, chances are a beard will not suddenly sprout out of thin air.
Still, there are a few things you may want to try before completely giving up. There are several beards grow products that can help achieve the beard of your dreams.
You could slightly accelerate hair growth and promote the health of your facial hair as well if you adopt certain habits that will ultimately maximize your body’s potential for facial hair growth. Most guys hinder their own beard growth chances without even realizing it. So, check out the following tips to give you the best possibilities at the beard you were always meant to have.
Tips to help you grow your beard
Wash your face twice a day using a mild cleansing gel or soap. Use warm water as it opens the pores of the skin.
- Exfoliate dead skin cells. In most cases, the skin is layered with dead skin cells that block facial hair’s natural or fast growth. It would be best if you used a good exfoliating scrub at least twice a week. Ensure that the exfoliating scrub is specifically meant to be used by men and is also suitable for your skin type, such as dry, oily, sensitive, or combination. Using the exfoliating scrub on the face will help remove the dead skin cells and clear out the skin, aiding in hair growth.
- Moisturize. While choosing a moisturizer or cream for the face, look for one that keeps your skin moisturized and hydrated, and remove any dry or rough patches. Once your skin is soft, facial hair growth is faster. Experts highly recommend moisturizers with Eucalyptus.
- Take your vitamins. If you are not taking your vitamins, this can result in slowing the growth of facial hair. It is vital to follow a good diet and make sure you are not deficient in important vitamins such as vitamins B1, B6, and B12. These vitamins will help increase the rate of your facial hair apparition.
- Regular Protein Intake. Getting your protein daily will also increase your chances of growing facial hair and growing a mustache. Some of the best sources of protein include meat, eggs, lentils, nuts, and beans.
- Massage. Believe it or not, massaging your face improves blood circulation and promotes hair growth. To do this, you may want to use a special oil that is meant for beard growth.
- Get your Z’s. It is important to get enough sleep and rest so that your body can grow the way it is supposed to. Having at least 7 hours of sleep a day is essential as it will help recharge the body and ultimately encourage hair growth.
- Exercise. Exercising can indirectly influence hair growth because when you exercise, you can boost testosterone. This may, in turn, help encourage hair growth.
- Be patient. Keep in mind everyone’s facial hair grows at different speeds, thicknesses, and ranges. For some, it takes months. For others, it might take a year.
Phases of beard growth
Is time to get a little scientific and throw some big words. While growing your beard you will go through three phases:
- The anagen phase. This is also known as the growing stage. Your DNA determines the length of your anagen phase. During this phase, the root continuously divides, and hair strands may grow a half-inch, or more, per month.
- The catagen phase. Catagen is the shortest of the three phases and represents the “transitional” part of the cycle. During this phase, hair growth will stop, and hair strands become separated from the hair follicles and attach to the skin. Additionally, the blood supply to the hair cuts off completely. This typically lasts for two to three weeks.
- The telogen phase. It occurs when incoming hair pushes the old hair out. While the old hair sheds, the follicle returns to the anagen phase to start the growth cycle over. The telogen phase lasts for two to four months.
Important factors that impact beard growth
Beard growth kit
A beard growth kit can help you tremendously if you want to maximize the chances of finally living the bearded fella lifestyle. Check out our picks at some of the best beard growth kits out there.
Naland Beard Growth Kit
It comes with a Derma Roller for Hair Growth for Men with our special Beard Activator Serum stimulate facial hair growth and awakens hair follicles.
The 0.25 mm Titanium Beard Roller stimulates the production of elastin and collagen. The Beard Oil provides vitamins and nutrients necessary to grow new hair.
It is also a luxury Skin Care tool; through collagen stimulation, you can banish acne scars, remove wrinkles and sun damage and nourish your skin cells. Find it on Amazon.
Crafted Dukes Beard Growth Kit
This kit offers to increase beard growth in 4-8 weeks. Combining their Beard Roller and Beard Growth Serum (made with all-natural ingredients) will help activate dormant beard follicles, perfect whether you want to grow a beard or just want help filling in your patchy beard.
The roller works by creating thousands of microscopic channels underneath your skin, which activates the body’s natural healing process.
You will increase blood circulation, bringing the right nutrients to help stimulate hair follicles, which leads to hair growth. Find it on Amazon.
FOLLICLE BOOSTER Organic Beard Growth Kit
This beard growth kit will be your best ally for achieving a thicker, darker, and healthier beard. As well, the product can be used on the scalp to boost your follicles.
It comes with a titanium beard roller with 540 needles with a length of 0.25 mm. The Beard Growth Oil and the Cleansing Soap have the necessary ingredients for a healthy beard development, such as Biotin Vitamins, Apple Extract, Indian Keno Tree Extract.
You will also obtain complete guidance through Video Guides and E-Books; it is a complete A to Z course on your beard growth journey. Find it on Amazon.
ISNER MILE Beard Growth Oil
Are you still worrying about the problem of beard patches and mottled beard? Then this is for you. Stimulate beard growth of bald areas with this beard growth oil, especially to foster balding areas.
This beard growth oil includes Jojoba oil, castor oil, and other growth-promoting ingredients, which can make your beard fuller, healthier, thicker, and stronger over time.
Apply a few drops daily onto your palm, then work it into the beard and skin. Keep using it, and eventually, you will find obvious changes in your beard. Find it on Amazon.